Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hurried update over last post

Even as I type this, the idiot box informs me that Jagdish Tytler has finally decided not to contest. What's more, even Sajjan Kumar is following suit!
So then, Jarnail Singh DID find his target. I stand corrected - the shoe was not really badly aimed as I had said in the earlier post!
Nevertheless one must not forget that this shoe-throwing was the third in the span of just one year. First George Bush, then the Chinese premier and then our Home Minister. It does not take a genius to figure out that public dissent against incompetent governance has been on the rise. What's different is that here is a new method of expressing that dissent.
All the first three shots have missed, either because the target ducked in time or because the shoe was badly aimed in any case. Some day, some place, this is very likely to change. I am sure many politicians are having nightmares about they being the first successful hit!

No comments: